Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blogging? For a grade??


That's all folks. My first online class is almost over, and our blogging assignment for the past 8 weeks is over. I must say it was both fun and a bit challenging. I wasn't ever really sure what to write about for my posts, so I just shared pieces of the books I was reading that I thought my classmates would also find interesting (hence the meme below)




But I also really enjoyed the chance to use blogging "for good", rather than just as a forum for venting and raging and ranting. I grew up in the era of MySpace, Livejournal, and Xanga. These were never, in my eyes at least, used for school or anything remotely educational. They were just spaces for people to share thoughts and feelings, and customize their page to look however you wanted it to. While modern blogs like Blogger and Wordpress still offer similar customization techniques, more and more blogs for educational purposes are popping up all over the Net. And I think that's great. It gives people a chance to look into other topics they might be interested in, but the material is presented in a way on a blog that's not intimidating or overly academic (most of the time).

Overall, I had a great time sharing information with my classmates through my blog and I'm really excited to continue exploring blogging as a writing tool that could be used in a variety of ways in my classroom.

Thanks for reading!
-Catie 

No comments:

Post a Comment